It was an honour for members of our team to attend the inaugural Thin Blue Paw Awards, held at the prestigious Knebworth Hall in Stevenage. Launched by the Thin Blue Paw Foundation, the awards acknowledge the incredible work and achievements of both serving and retired Police dogs across the UK.
Categories included –
- Outstanding Bravery – for a serving police dog which has shown extraordinary bravery in the line of duty – won by PD Stark and PC Paul Stopley of West Midlands Police
- Lifesaver – to celebrate a serving police dog whose work was invaluable in a life-threatening incident, for example locating a suicidal missing person – PD Calli and PC Megan West of Kent Police
- Crime Fighting Duo – for a serving police dog and handler team who are constantly achieving outstanding operational results – PD Bart and PC Kelly Walker of Cheshire and North Wales Police
- Rising Star – to celebrate the achievements of a newly licensed serving police dog – PC Colin Nash and PD Elvis of City of London Police
- Lifetime Achievement – to celebrate a retired police dog who made an exceptional difference during their service – RPD Nala and PC Sean Foster of Northamptonshire Police
You can read their remarkable stories here – https://www.thinbluepaw.org.uk/awards